Vienna – ESI lecture on migration and integration in Europe
27 April 2021
ESI’s Gerald Knaus was invited to give an online lecture organised by Figlhaus in Vienna in cooperation with CIFE (Centre International de Formation Européenne).
He presented ESI’s research and analysis on asylum and migration policy and what concrete solutions are needed to get to humane borders, especially regarding illegal pushbacks. He also stressed the importance of directly resettling refugees from across the globe.
- ESI proposals website: EU-Turkey Statement 2.0
- ESI draft of a revised EU-Turkey Statement 2.0, 16 March 2021
- Focus Online: Interview with Gerald Knaus: The Turkey deal has failed: "Germany could take in 30,000 refugees a year, 16 April 2021
- Falter: What borders do we need? Falter podcast of presentation by Gerald Knaus on refugee and migration policy, 5 April 2021
- Anadolu Agency, Humane borders, control through cooperation possible: Turkey, EU can show the way, 26 March 2021
- Tagesschau: The EU-Turkey Agreement five years on - Success or failure?, 18 March 2021
- Berliner Zeitung: Merkel advisor Knaus: Resettle refugees directly to Germany 17 March 2021